The BoilerPro is designed to set, expand and even flare boiler tubes in one fast operation. When followed by a very light roll (hybrid expansion) the BoilerPro contributes to leak – free, strong tube joints with minimal tube wall reduction.
The BoilerPro is easy to use, requiring minimal training. This means that even inexperienced personnel can be successful with this equipment.
The unique design of this tool produces no reactive force to the operator, removing the strain that leads to physical injuries associated with tube rolling.
- Consistency – all tubes expanded the same
- Approximately five seconds per tube expansion time
- Zero operator strain: all reaction force is absorbed by the tool
- Minimal wall thinning
- One mandrel accommodates multiple header thickness
- Tooling available to easily accommodate any standard boiler tube diameter from 1.5" to 3"
- The option of flaring (or belling) the tube end protruding from primary face of tube sheet
- A variable width expansion zone within the tube sheet
- The ability to bulge or seal the tube at the secondary face. The operations can be done simultaneously or independently of each other at the users discretion.
The BoilerPro tube expansion system consists of an air driven power supply unit, a pull cylinder unit with umbilical hose assembly, and the mandrel assembly for the tube size being expanded.
The mandrel assembly consists of a series of cam actuated segments and polyurethane expander rings. These act together under load to expand the i.d. of the tube into interference fit with the tube sheet.
Actuation of the Pull Cylinder compresses the Flare Cam against the Flare Segment Assembly, which gradually expands to contact the tube. As the cam bottoms out against the Wear Ring the tube is flared to a predetermined dimension per code requirements. The completion of this cycle takes less than two seconds and allows the actual tube expansion cycle to occur simultaneously. In the event that a flare is not desired, the Flare Segment Assembly is simply removed. The length Locator Pins determine the tube end protrusion.
This portion of the mandrel assembly achieves the expansion of the tube in the tube sheet area and the bulge at the rear of the sheet if desired. As the Mandrel Shaft is drawn into the Pull Cylinder, the Primary and Secondary Cams are forced into the Primary and Secondary Segment Assemblies, forcing them apart. This in turn provides support for the expanders which are now under compression and generating radial force to the tube wall.
Please Check Back for Video